Connecting people with nature is my passion. Ever since writing my Junior Theme in high school on the topic “Why We Should Conserve Wildlife,” I have followed this path. I have worked for The Nature Conservancy, Audubon, and Seattle Parks Foundation. Currently, I am a tour guide for Naturalist Journeys and regionally, for my own business. I am a skilled interpreter and educator with special expertise in birds. To augment field experiences, I am a natural story teller. Joy, humor and fun are encouraged on my trips.
Summary of my credentials
- Current Guide for Naturalist Journeys and for my own business
- Worked 20 years for conservation organizations including The Nature Conservancy, Audubon and Seattle Parks Foundation
- Master Birder from Seattle Audubon
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology Bird Biology Course
- Ornithology and Wildlife Conservation courses, University of Washington
- National Association of Interpretation – Certified Interpreter
- Environmental Studies and Geography degrees, Western Washington University
- Former bicycle tour guide; led Trans-America tour for Bikecentennial
- Led 100+ tours as well as birding on 750 trips in 17 states and 8 countries.